Sunday, March 10, 2013
Summer Night Ride At Lake Mendota, Madison, WI 1977
There was a night that Aunt Felicia and I had gone down by the beach at lake Mendota in the summer. I had ridden her down there (It was downhill from the house we lived in out on Troy Drive) on my Schwinn 10-speed. We were sitting down at the beach talking, I don't really remember what about.
Just as we'd gotten back on the bike to ride home, we heard someone running down at us from the railroad tracks at us. Aunt Felicia was yelling at me to pedal "faster, faster!" We were sure it was some hobo out to get us. Whoever it was, I was fast enough to get away from them. We never did see who the Boogie Man was, we just heard them running after us.
When we got home, we were laughing like idiots. The bike above is very much like the one I was riding that night, and I know for a fact it's the same year. (1975)
Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment